“Intermittent Fasting” Pushes Your Body to Burn Fat
The word “FASTING” is definitely one that is misunderstood. Once again, it’s something many folks are ignorant to. Many hear the word and think only of a spiritual practice.
Most think you would be miserable and starving from any form of a fast … and that it would create the effect that we wrote about recently regarding “starvation diets”. But NO that’s not what we’re implementing with intermittent fasting!
What is Intermittent Fasting??
Put simply, it’s a pattern of eating. Intermittent fasting is not a “diet”. It really doesn’t even address WHAT a person eats as much as it is about WHEN they eat. It’s a way of scheduling your meals so that you get the most out of them. AND so that your body does in fact get into a normal healthy state of fat burning metabolism.
SCIENCE shows we are supposed to get into a state of burning stored fat. Fat is there for fuel. It is normal to burn it in a consistent and rhythmic way.
But the fact is this: in America we eat so much and for so many hours per day that most people never get into a state where they burn stored fat for fuel! Think about it: most eat right when they get up; they don’t eat real quality fuel through the day; they eat way too much of that poor fuel and eat way too late and too close to bed time as they sit sprawled out on the couch watching TV.
There is a constant bombardment of fuel going IN … with minimal fuel burning going on … so we keep storing more and more fuel … called FAT.
An article we like to share about the benefits of Intermittent Fasting was written by Chris Gunnars, BSc on www.healthline.com in August of 2016. It was entitled “10 Evidence-Based Health Benefits of Intermittent Fasting”. While we do not have space to dive into details about all 10, let’s share what they are. Then maybe you will be motivated to read the article yourself and see all of the SCIENCE and research behind each benefit. Here they are!
1. Intermittent Fasting Changes The Function of Cells, Genes and Hormones.
2. Intermittent Fasting Can Help You Lose Weight and Belly Fat.
3. Intermittent Fasting Can Reduce Insulin Resistance, Lowering Your Risk of Type 2 Diabetes.
4. Intermittent Fasting Can Reduce Oxidative Stress and Inflammation in The Body.
5. Intermittent Fasting May be Beneficial for Heart Health.
6. Intermittent Fasting Induces Various Cellular Repair Processes.
7. Intermittent Fasting May Help Prevent Cancer.
8. Intermittent Fasting is good for Your Brain.
9. Intermittent Fasting May Help Prevent Alzheimer's Disease.
10. Intermittent Fasting May Extend Your Lifespan, Helping You Live Longer.
Wow! If that list of potential benefits doesn’t spur you to learn more about this strategy of eating that is a part of The Lifetime Metabolic Program, we don’t know how else to motivate you!
Here’s THE BOTTOM LINE: SCIENCE shows us that if a person changes what they eat, and use this proven strategic approach of when they eat, their results WILL very likely be more predictable – and favorable! Yay!
Until next time we invite you to click, call or just come in to speak with our team about how YOU MAY BENEFIT FROM THE LIFETIME METABOLIC PROGRAM!